Clarity of Purpose: Do Something To Grow Each Day
You must approach each day with clarity of purpose. That means you must focus on the main reason for your existence each day. The reason my business exists is to grow through helping people so I need to do something to grow my business each day before I do anything else. This show highlights how I focus on growth. Season 2 Show 48 Episode 170
This means if I have a client project that will take up most of my time, I first focus on doing something to grow my business, and after I’ve accomplished that task, then I focus on the client project.
I realize that without new revenue – there is no business. Growth is my business purpose. I am TOTALLY clear about that.
Before I do anything else, I focus on growth in my business. Growth is my purpose.
Here are the ten things I do each day to focus on growth. I may not be successful at all of these, but I make sure I am successful in accomplishing at least one.
- Close a Deal: Of course, getting a new client on board is great. I try this first.
- Send out a New Client Proposal: I have a high closing rate of these proposals so if someone is waiting for one, every minute they wait delays me attracting a new client.
- Give a Referral: If I give one, I will get one down the road.
- Give a Testimonial: This helps me deepen a relationship and that will lead to new business.
- Receive a Referral: Getting a new referral means I have a deep relationship with a referral source.
- Receive a Testimonial: This again reinforces a deep relationship.
- Book a Speech or Webinar: This is a great lead generation opportunity.
- Write and Email or Sales Letter: This will potentially attract a new client.
- Call a Prospect: I pick up the phone and have a conversation. I don't try and sell I simply ask how the person is doing.
- Add a New Person to My Database: This is someone I suspect will be a client or a referral source someday. Growing my list is not only important, it is necessary
If your business doesn’t grow, it dies.